Event Sales Executive
Kent Street, Sydney
- Fantastic company with a great culture
- Dynamic and supportive team environment
- Fast-paced role, packed with variety!
About our Company
Diversified Communications is an award-winning exhibitions company that connects companies to engage with customers at our events. We pride ourselves on offering visitors unique experiences, whilst generating quality sales leads and a great return on investment for exhibitors. We are a leader in our field, winning awards each year across a range of industry sectors at the Exhibition & Event Association of Australasia (EEAA) Awards for Excellence.
About this Opportunity
We are seeking an individual with a passion for sales and events. You will have a proven, highly successful track record in sales, a professional approach and very strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Reporting to a dynamic Event Manager, your focus will be on selling floor space and sponsorship for an established, highly regarded annual exhibition, in a high growth industry which offers amazing potential for further show expansion.
Responsibilities will include:
- Generating new business for the show
- Maintaining current clients via telephone and face to face meetings
- Developing an in depth understanding of the industry
- Attending industry related events to build networks and develop relationships within related associations
- Attending your exhibition nationally and re-signing exhibitors for the next show
- Producing and maintaining accurate records, floor plans and weekly progress reports
- Actively contributing to business plans, post-show reviews and sales meetings
- Working proactively and collaboratively with the team to achieve targets and deadlines
You’ll have a proven track record of:
- driving sales into new market segments
- achieving sales targets
- maximising revenue from existing key accounts
- creating and presenting a strong sales pitch with the ability to adapt to market feedback
- presenting face to face across all levels of business
You will have:
- a mature and independent mindset; confident to network with stakeholders at all levels
- the ability to work as part of smart, high achieving team
- a true passion for sales and selling
- sales experience in media, advertising or events will be highly regarded
- a flexible and adaptable approach to work; ability to attend events outside of business hours
The successful candidate will need to be able to travel and attend both morning and evening events
A valid and open Australian driver’s licence preferred
Why work at Diversified?
We’re a growing business that places importance on innovation and improving what we do! We work in the exciting and dynamic world of events and exhibitions and we look to employ people who share the same passion for the industry that we have. We operate professionally and collaboratively in an informal environment and we like to celebrate our successes along the way!
We offer our employees a paid day off every year to give back to their community, a sustainable approach to our work and practices, opportunities for committee involvement and lots of fun activities and work events during the year!
If you have the required skills and would like to be a part of our growing and industry leading organisation then apply with your Resume and Cover Letter detailing why you would be a great fit for this position.